Tuesday, October 19, 2004

The Giant and the Bum Knee

This is not another joke so you can stop cringing. Man this is a tough audience.

I was sitting at the computer tonight typing an e-mail when this little, tiny blonde Danish girl comes down the stairs not looking quite awake. I looked at her and asked if she is okay and tears welled up in her eyes. She told me that she was not okay, in fact her knee was causing her so much pain that she was unable to sleep.

She came to me because I am the all knowing (okay I may have embellished that part). So I went to look for some Ibuprofen because I believe that all things can be cured with Ibuprofen.

There is none.

So I awake Marla and she puts on her robe and drives the long back roads, through the rain, to the Giant store. This is the closest thing to Dillons that I have seen. Like Dillons, the Giant store was open and we were able to find medicine and Wheat Thins (it's good to bring back comfort food as well as drugs). This is good because our other option was to drive to the next town over to see if Walmart was open 24 hours.

But wouldn't you know it. Marla then drove home taking a different route than she had taken to get to the store. Grandma Veda is right I will never find my way around in this town riding with Marla. Thankfully we have the internet and the internet has Mapquest!

When we arrived home I tried to explain my reasoning for administering Ibuprofen to her. But how do you explain inflammation to a person that is in pain, speaks Danish as a native language and just wants to stop being in pain?

Fortunately she took my word for it, swallowed the Ibuprofen and finished watching the Friends episode that she had DVRed earlier in the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home