Friday, July 15, 2005

Ocean City, Maryland

Today we came home after a three day trip to Ocean City, Maryland. I am not good on vacation. Well I am not good on the way home from vacation. I am tired and sore from three nights on a sofa bed. I am cranky from three days in a hotel room with my family (who I love but seriously three days in one room!?).

We had a nice view from our hotel room. We could see the ocean and up the strip to the ferris wheel at the end of the boardwalk. The balcony was just big enough to set a chair on for come afternoon reading. The problem with that is the beach looks so inviting that you are sucked into going down to the beach and then into the ocean. The beach part I am fine with its that ocean part that I am not fond of.

I sit in a chair on the sand and read for days. I love listening to the sounds of the waves crashing against the shore. I like to watch the little kids build sand castles and then watch them wash away with the waves.

I don't like to be in the water. I don't like to be covered in fishy smelling, salt infested, sand filled water that obviously needs an attitude adjustment cause it just kept throwing me around like a rag doll in the rinse cycle of a washing machine. Everyday though we would wake up and the sounds of the ocean would creep up to our room and erase the memory of the previous days misery and we would load up and head to the water once more.

In the evenings, however, we enjoyed a salt free, dry life. We ate at an you can eat crab shack were they served the full crab and not just the legs. I had to have the waitress give me a lesson on eating a crab. We also went to Cold Stone Creamery two out of the three nights. We walked up and down the boardwalk and took a ride on a giant ferris wheel at dusk. It was very romantic, which made being with my family a little weird.

Well, anyhooo, today we are back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home