Thursday, September 22, 2005

Momma said there'd be days like this

Today is a bad day... well the bad has come in waves. There are days that I am on top of the world, I am in the right place and I have an amazing support group that loves me. Other days my support group seems too far and I feel like I am treading water.

I cannot expand on this because I do not entirely know what I mean but I feel like this is too small. Like what I am doing is too small. I am missing my mark and I do not know how to pinpoint it. I am searching for something that seems just out of my reach.

God give me arms that stretch and the courage and knowledge to stretch in the right direction. I am getting tired of circling.

1 Comments:

At 2:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby Doll -
Dearest, you aren't treading water, & even if you were I know you are a STRONG swimmer. Of all the multitude of sayings & slogans in NA/AA, the one I remember & use the most is:
"We are striving for progress, not perfection."
Everyday you get up, go to class you are making progress. You are where you are supposed to be, you are doing what you are supposed to be doing.
If it weren't for the bad days, the good days wouldn't be so sweet.
I love you & I BELIEVE IN YOU!!
Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home