Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's Blues

Valentine's Day has never been a big winner for me. I am always alone or broke or broke and alone. This year I have my cat (which is a whole new level of sad). The kicks just keep coming. Yesterday was a beautiful spring like day, I went without a coat or a care in the world.

This morning I woke up to snow. I trudged to school in snow and walked up the long cold alley from my car to the school in snow. I came home to find my sick cousin trudging through the snow to get the mail. She was looking for a CD that she had ordered and instead found a whole bunch of mail for Pernille. Included in the mail for Pernille was a Valentine's Day card from my Grandma Veda to Pernille.

Did I mention that there was no such card for my sick cousin and I? So I called the favorite baby in the family, Shawn, he will be checking his mail and getting back to us as to wether or not he received a card in the mail. On Valentine's Day I was forgotten by my Grandmother.

Now I must part with my cat and trudge through the snow to work where I will spend the rest of the evening servicing Chocolate Covered Cherry flavored coffee to all the happy couples of the world. All the while remembering that my Grandmother forgot about me.

The moral of the story is... no matter how bad your Valentine's was you didn't get forgotten by you Grandmother and you will not go to sleep tonight snuggling with a cat.

1 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not alone: I will be snuggling up to two cats tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home