Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Favorites

In my favorites file I have organized my links into subfiles, Movies, Things to Buy, Blogs, Schools. Some of them I visit everyday, some I add more links to as I do research on the web, when I have a school project I might start a new file with links for that project, Judaism, Coffee Beans, etc.
My blog folder I visit daily but there are only a few blogs that I visit daily purely because I do not like to set myself up for any additional disappointment that I might feel if someone does not update daily (sorry if this is a way that I cause you additional disappointment).
I visit Dooce daily because I do not like to get behind on her posts or pictures, Jason I visit daily because I love my brother and my nephew and I seek out any information that I can get as to the goings on of their daily life.
There is a site that I visit regularly but for different reasons 1) I want to take my time and read all of the previous entries 2) because I keep hoping that there will be a new entry. Ball of Dirt is a web site that hosts travel blogs, people post pictures and stories from fascinating places. The one that I visit is Trevor Stokol's journey called These ARE the Good Old Days. Trevor kept this journal during his trip to Asia and Africa. Trevor vanished from Mt. Everest during the last week of his eight month trip. His family has called off the search and has resolved themselves to the fact that he was most likely trapped in an avalanche.
I try not to put discouraging or frightening images in my mind. I have learned that they do not ever leave and when you least expect it they will jump out and frighten you. I keep thinking about Trevor. I do not know him or his family but through this travel log you get to see pieces of a person who spent more of his 25 years on this earth living than most people who live to be 80 ever will. Somedays I think that is a sad unjustice and others I just pray that he is in a better place having an adventure that he never knew possible.

1 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey great blog! I don't read your blog every day because you don't write every day and then, YOU WRITE A TON! I did send you an e-mail in comment to what I read the other day. I sent an e-mail because I didn't realize how this comment thing works and thought that was how it worked(e-mail, that is).

Anyhow, if you ever need those little plasticy things that fit on the end of your shoelaces(they ahve a name but I forget) I have NO IDEA where you go. Just buy velcro - it's easier.

By the by, I think you can pull the front off the lock and find the combination.

Some one in Kansas loves you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home