Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Heartbreak!

I have seen probably close to every picture taken of my nephew since the day of his birth. I actually was the first one to capture Davids image on film. This was just before I went running down the hall to tell the grandpa's in a sobbing voice that we had a little baby boy.

I have often times wished that there were more pictures of David and I together so that later in life he would know concretely that I was actually a large part of his life for the first six months. I know that he will be told but I want there to be proof, physical proof. I do not want to try and convince him that the shoulder in the picture is mine. I also want him to know that I spend every second of every day missing him so much that it hurts. And when I think that I cannot possibly miss him anymore I get to look at a picture of him that I am in and my heart breaks a little more.

David,
When your dad shows you the pictures from the hot air balloons, please know that at the exact moment that the picture was taken with me pressing my head against yours, I was praying. Praying that you will know how much I love you more and more everyday. Praying that God will watch over the people that are watching over you. Praying that my absence will make me work harder to take my broken wings and learn to fly because all my life I was only waiting for you to arrive.
I Love You
Auntie Skylar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home