Saturday, October 15, 2005

Waves

Maybe my life is not supposed to be measured in traditional job success. I think I am shooting for the wrong target. Maybe I will not leave behind a trophy case or a list of conventional triumphs. Instead, maybe it is the way that I will change the people around me that will matter, but even then, I do not think that I will make a splash, perhaps just a wave. A wave is nice.

I do not like college. I like learning but I prefer to learn on my own, my own material. Maybe it is just the community college that I do not like but either way. I have turned my brain back on and I will continue to nurture and I promise to never again allow myself to stop learning but college is not for me. However, I have gone too far to just quit, so I will finish but not with a grand degree just a degree.

I feel bad sometimes that I am wasting this life. So many amazing people had just started to take a bite out of their lives when it was pulled away from them. Why should they loose theirs and I still get mine?! From now on, I will remember the lives that I admired even if the admiration started after they died. While they made splashes I will make waves, but waves are good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home