Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Shall We Dance?

Today I went and saw Shall We Dance? at the Allen Theatre in Annville. http://www.allentheatre.com This is a lovely theatre that has a very beautiful and old feeling and it was the first time that I had been inside. I plan on returning to this theatre for all future movies that they show.

I knew that I would enjoy the movie because the first preview was for Joel Schumacher's Phantom of the Opera which is due in December. I can almost always gauge movies by the quality of the movie previews.

The theatre, previews and company aside (I went alone which I always enjoy), I thought the movie was fantastic. It is not an intellectually stimulating movie by any means but it was fun. I felt a lot of what the character's were feeling at the time. I left wanting to take ballroom dancing lessons from Miss Mitzi. I feel now that I could compete quite well in any competition.

I was very disappointed with Jennifer Lopez, which has not always benn the case for me, but the rest of the cast was perfect. Susan Sarandon gets more beautiful with age, as does Richard Gere.

I laughed hysterically and I think even shed a tear once or twice (not that it takes a lot for me to cry in a movie). I would highly recommend this movie as a fun, take your mind off cruddy days, kinda movie. I also would recommend seeing it as a theatre matinee. If you can see it in Annville all the better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home