Sunday, April 17, 2005

Oscar Review

Before I went to Kansas I saw Phantom of the Opera at Allen Theatre. It was a good movie not great but good. I will stand high on my soap box and say that the actor's did not seem to have a grasp on the raw emotion that the Phantom of the Opera needs to be. The male leads did not have the voices to carry their parts and the people in the row behind me kept kicking my seat.

Before the movie though, the manager said that they would be showing all of the movies that were nominated for Best Picture at the Oscar's.

The Aviator
Finding Neverland
Ray
Sideways, and the winner
Million Dollar Baby

Of these I have seen Finding Neverland and Ray. Last night Krista and Adam rented Sideways. That was a horrible movie. I like Sandra Oh and Virginia Madsen but that did not redeem the movie. I can't even formulate my thoughts on this movie to tell you why I hated it so much.

Tonight, however, Pernille and I went to see Million Dollar Baby. Wow, Hilary Swank has an amazing ability to choose and play only the best roles (if we try not to hold Karate Kid 4 against her). This movie had the perfect mixture of suspense, humor, emotion and amazing acting. Just when you had no idea what was going to happen next they threw in an option you couldn't have even fathomed. Then on top of all that they threw in Morgan Freeman as the narrator and guy that got to gut check Clint Eastwood. Walk, no run to your movie theatre or Blockbuster and get this movie!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home